Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A large number of variables in Databucket.
Hello.
Are operations on variables in the databucket performed on the local disk or in RAM?

I noticed that with a large number of variables and drawing charts (for example, from several days), Virtuino slows down the work.
Hi,
the data bucket stores the values in the disk.
The charts load the values from the disk too.
Τhis creates a long delay when the file is large.
The solution is to empty the saved file when the values become too many.
The app is not built to work as a logger for a long time.
Can the next version of Virtuino add the ability to select the path to save Bucketdata files on the disk?
Hi, I can't because the Αndroid OS does not give the application the permission to use disk space except for the application folder defined by the system.

Only with the user's choice can any data be exported to disk.
I noticed the slow down too. A work around I use: 

I like real time-ish data displayed, but I don't need it saved. So I duplicated the variables in Arduino. Set 1 is tied to their value displays & refresh at 3 second intervals. Set 2 feeds the chart and data buckets, but only refreshes once a minute. Chart data is stored for 2 days. I only have 2 variables, temp and humidity.

It's still not perfectly smooth, but I went from about 0.5 frames per second to maybe 20-25 fps. With 1 day period selected it slows down to ~20 fps. At 12 hrs selected ~25 fps.

The slow down makes sense when you realize 3 second readings * 48 hours = 57,600 data points. With 60 second readings, it drops down to 2880.

Hope this helps!
Hi,
virtuino iot, Dada buckets dont show strig value.
Hi, 
I will add this feautes on the next version 0.6.21
Thumbs Up 
(10-24-2023, 03:50 AM)rcl27 Wrote: I noticed the slow down too. A work around I use: 

I like real time-ish data displayed, but I don't need it saved. So I duplicated the variables in Arduino. Set 1 is tied to their value displays & refresh at 3 second intervals. Set 2 feeds the chart and data buckets, but only refreshes once a minute. Chart data is stored for 2 days. I only have 2 variables, temp and humidity.

It's still not perfectly smooth, but I went from about 0.5 frames per second to maybe 20-25 fps. With 1 day period selected it slows down to ~20 fps. At 12 hrs selected ~25 fps.

The slow down makes sense when you realize 3 second readings * 48 hours = 57,600 data points. With 60 second readings, it drops down to 2880.

Hope this helps!

Здравствуйте. Этим способом я пользуюсь давно, еще с Virtuino Mqtt. Мне только это и помогает. Очень, надеюсь, что позже Ilias сможет найти решение этого вопроса.
С уважением, Сергей.
The version 0.6.20 has a new databucket storage method. It is very faster than the older method.
The delay due to the chart can't display a large amount of data very fast.
I am very interested about a test with this version.
Unfortunately, in my case, Virtuino versions 0.6.20 and 0.6.21 cause the computer to hang after a few hours of operation. 
I need to do a hard reset. Versions up to 0.6.18 do not cause hangs.