Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtuino 6 and Virtuino MQTT retain problem
Bug 
Hello, first of all thank you very much for this fine piece of software, I'm very glad that I found it on the internet.

...but:

1. Recently I have spotted one bug from what I gathered in my own personal tests. In short, my virtuino 6.0.29 pro and also virtuino mqtt doesn't set retain flag on published messages. My broker is self hosted mosquitto server (running in debug mode), messages published by virtuino android app have always retain flag set to false regardless of in app GUI setting
  2. Second bug (or feature?) is that when after connecting to broker I select disconnect from GUI, client actually doesn't disconnect, but rather make unsubscribe from all the previously subscribed topics but still maintains connection to the broker, even after exiting app from GUI!

Dear Developer, if you need any more details, log, screenshots to further debug mentioned bugs, feel free to ask, I happily provide assistance needed.

edit. just tested virtuino IoT, this version doesn't have such bugs and behaves as it should
Hi,
the first issue is a bug. The app swaps the qos with the retained.
Set the qos to 1 if you want to enable the retained.
The second issue is a bug from the MQTT library. I have tried to fix it but I am not sure for this.
Τhe behavior is different depending on the Android versions
I have uploaded the version 6.0.30 to fix these bugs.
I am very interested for the results.
Thank you for fast intervention. I updated app to version 6.0.30. After some testing, first bug seems to be fixed, messages are sent with retain flag set correctly.

As for the second bug, disconnect function works, but after disconnect I can't connect to my broker. In the logs I see constant connection attempts followed by instantaneous disconnects. In such case, I must exit the virtuino app and once again launch it and then I can connect again to mosquitto server.

edit. I'm afraid issue with connecting to server is more serious, even after a while I can't connect to broker :/
Hi, I have fixed this bug on the version 6.0.31
Please check it and let us know
(03-25-2023, 10:04 PM)iliaslamprou Wrote: Hi, I have fixed this bug on the version 6.0.31
Please check it and let us know

Hi, it seams to me that issues described by me has been resolved by your fixes. Thank you