Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible 0.6.2 Bugs
Short version, on Windows 11:
1.) Any major changes to MQTT connection? Mine can no longer connect and appears to be stuck in a reconnection loop causing all of Virtuino to grind to a halt.
2.) Minimize, maximize, and close buttons seem to have disappeared. The close X will appear if you hover over it. The other two stay blank. However, all 3 buttons still function if you click in the designated area.

Long Version:
So loaded up Virtuino on my laptop and noticed it was super laggy. Like click something, then 5 seconds later you get a response. I've had some issues with one of my ESP's shutting down my network (long story) but thought I got that fixed last night. It was causing a similar lag issue. So I checked the webserial output for an errant ESP spamming the network, but all were acting normal. 

Next thought was, I wander if it auto updated and that's causing an issue. Got on your website and sure enough a new update. Back to the program, I had a red LED randomly flashing on my main page that never flashes. I actually forgot it's function haha. When I finally got the info to open, it was my MQTT connection status. I disabled my local MQTT server connection in Virtuino, reset, and viola, no more 5 second lag.

Admittedly, this could be a simple issue. I did a few day binge on MQTT protocol, setup a local server, my arduino mega, and Virtuino interface, but didn't quite finish it. I haven't touched it since and have forgotten most of what I learned. It isn't a big deal for me, I can just disable it, but just incase something deeper is going on I wanted to bring it to you attention. I attached the MQTT debug log where it shows the reconnection loop. 

Also, bugs aside, I always appreciate your work and couldn't live without your program. Literally run it 24/7 and is the only reason my carnivorous plant business stays a business. My ADHD ass kills plants, your software keeps them alive. So thank you just in general!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Messages In This Thread
Possible 0.6.2 Bugs - by rcl27 - 03-06-2024, 08:18 AM
RE: Possible 0.6.2 Bugs - by iliaslamprou - 03-07-2024, 07:57 PM
RE: Possible 0.6.2 Bugs - by rcl27 - 03-08-2024, 05:41 AM
RE: Possible 0.6.2 Bugs - by iliaslamprou - 03-08-2024, 09:54 PM
RE: Possible 0.6.2 Bugs - by rcl27 - 03-12-2024, 05:29 AM