Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost connection to MQTT bruker, reconnect automatically.
Hi all.

I finally spent a few hours experimenting with the lost update problem. It have taken a long time because the problem have not been a major one. Since the start of this thread, the communication have been improving quite a lot.

My solution is like this:

1. Add a mqtt variable that is frequently updated. I went for "$SYS/broker/messages/received" which is an integer updated every 10 sec.
  2. Added a timer that is always running and updating a variable every second:     
  3. A javascript sets timer to 0 on receive of new message:     
  4. An If-Then performs a DisConnect when counter/timer reaches 100:     
  5. An If-Then performs a Connect when counter/timer reaches or passes 104:     
  6. Probably not nessesary but I also have a javascript that reset counter/timer if it reaches 105:     

I have tested a few times by restarting my Mosquitto Broker and the counter/timer counts up to 104 with no updates and then all variables come to life. Real life testing starts today...

When I reboot my Mosquitto Broker, the connection status go from 1 to 3 and when the broker is up and running again it go back to 1. At that point in time, the counter/timer resets once but no updates is seen in other variables. I might have used quite a bit shorter delay but nowadays there is at least many hours and upto several weeks between every communication failure so the long time is no problem. 

I also have noted that one of two Android tablets is far more prone to communication failure even when they are located fairly close to each other in very good WiFi coverage.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Lost connection to MQTT bruker, reconnect automatically. - by SveinHa - 10-12-2024, 04:04 PM