Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two inputs, one output ????
Is there a widget that can be used to take 2 values from thingspeak and multiply them and show the result?
In Level 4 exists a Script widget.
This can use 3 inputs and one output.
You can add an equation to form the output as a result from the inputs.
OK, I have read the two values from two thingspeak fields. I do a multiplication of this data and store the result in M1. Now how can I show this in a chart ?
I just played around a little bit with Thingspeak. I set up a Thingspeak server, used it in the chart, choose there Field ID 1. In the script you can choose Field ID 1 as output. May be something like this setup works.
Hi, the solution to this issue is to use a classic Chart instead of the ThingSpeak chart.
Since the value is now stored in the M1 memory, just add a classic chart and select this memory.
(01-29-2023, 08:37 PM)iliaslamprou Wrote: Hi, the solution to this issue is to use a classic Chart instead of the ThingSpeak chart.
Since the value is now stored in the M1 memory, just add a classic chart and select this memory.

Hi, the only chart that I can find is the multichart and this from what i understand takes input only from files. Is there another chart widget that I can't seem to find?
Hi, 
I apologize for any confusion caused.
The "Multiple chart" is the classic chart for the app. 

Follow the next steps:

1. Download the two values from Thingspeak. Store them by selection the field1 and field2. 
2. Use a script to multiply them. Store the result to M1
3. Add a "Value recorder". Select the M1 for storing. Enter a filename.
The value of M1 will be stored to a file every time it is changed (it is a choice).
4. Add a "Multiple Chart". Select the same filename with the "Value recorder"
5. Lock the panel. Connect. Click on the "Value recorder" icon to enable the rec state.

In case the values uploaded to the Thingspeak platform with the same request.(That is recomented by the platform).You can enable the option "Use one request to read all..." on the "Thingspeak server settings" inside the app.