Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not periodic refresh of data displayed using V memory values
Hi, 

I am using Virtuino 6 to display in my android mobile 15 temperature and current sensors, using Virtual memories and bluetooth connection (HC05).  If I have in the panel 2 or 3 sensors the data refresh is constant (as per server settings -refresh time), however when I add more sensors displayed, their values are not updated periodically, some variables do but others do not.  I have tried changing the bluetooth speed, the BT serial time out,type of variables, type of widget without success.  Any advise would be welcomed, thanks
Hi, 
I think problems like this are due to miscommunication and serial errors.

If you could upload some screens from the terminal we might be able to see the problem.
(09-14-2022, 07:20 PM)iliaslamprou Wrote: Hi, 
I think problems like this are due to miscommunication and serial errors.

If you could upload some screens from the terminal we might be able to see the problem.

Hi,

Thanks to Ilias' support I did the following actions:

I changed Tx and Rx cables (shorther and separated as possible with other conductors), however this change didn't have any impact on refresh rate.

I released SRAM memory reducing serial print instructions as well using int variables instead float ones when possible.  the refresh rate had a little  improvement.

Finally I found theh by disabling the I2C request for data instruction (specifically sensor DS18B20.requestTemperatures) the refresh data was as expected.  I tried different solutions without success, just a "work-around" : Only executing this request once each 256 main program cycles, and it works fine for my final purpose.